Producer - Arranger - Engineer
A Jack Richardson Hall of Fame 2016 inductee, Patterson is an award-winning multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, producer & engineer who brings collaboration and diversity to all her work. She has been championing original Canadian music in studios and on stages across 4 continents for the past 25 years.
International collaborations in India, Mexico, France, Cuba, Dubai & Canada and a mixed Roma & Celt heritage inspire specialization in culturally diverse music.
From the 10-year old kid walking around with a portable mic & recorder, to college Recording Arts program Producer of the Year nominee, to judge for Producer of the Year Juno, Patterson’s passion for sound & song is a lifelong affair.
Co-produced projects with …
*Adam Messinger Grammy & Juno award-winning producer (Magic!, Justin Bieber, Christina Aguilera)
*Michael Phillip Wojewoda Juno & Polaris prize award-winning producer (Buffy Sainte-Marie, Amelia Curran, Bare Naked Ladies, Rheostatics)
*Nick Blagona Le Studio veteran (Cat Stevens, Oliver Jones, Deep Purple, Green Daya)
Produced & engineered debut album for Haitian-Canadian singer/songwriter Melissa Laveaux that resulted in signing to France label No Format / Universal (Chilly Gonzales) and launched Laveaux’s now successful European career.
Vocal production for 2016 WOMEX Artist of the Year renowned Trinidadian singer Calypso Rose.
Co-producing & writing with 2016 Slaight Music Incubator award-winner Canadian Pop / Hip Hop artist Esma Saleme.
DISCOGRAPHY: COMMERCIALLY RELEASED ALBUMS & SINGLES
Melissa Laveaux (singer-songwriter) Camphor & Copper; Co-producer,engineer
Rita di Ghent (Jazz artist) The Birth of Sprawl; Co-producer, assistant engineer
Brenda MacIntyre (Indigenous singer-songwriter) Medicine Song; Producer, engineer
Brenda MacIntyre Soul Talkin; Co-Producer, engineer
Lynn Harrison (Folk singer-songwriter); Co-producer, engineer. Andrea Florian (Pop singer-songwriter) Truths; Producer, arranger, engineer
Toronto Tabla Ensemble (World Ensemble). Second Palla; Assistant engineer
+ recorded & produced dozens of demos for indie artists over past 15 years +
ALBUM ‘Lumina’ (2013) Independent; CD Baby, itunes SINGLE Silver Lining
ALBUM ‘Points of Departure’ (2008); Distributor Phd Canada; CD Baby ALBUM ‘Roam’ (2005) solo artist; RoughTrade Records, Europe
SINGLE Need Each Other (2005); Top 10 AAA playlist The Benelux
SINGLE Say Goodbye (2006); playlisted Holland, Canada
ALBUM Roam (2004); Festival Distribution Canada
ALBUM This Is What It Sounds Like (2000); Independent
INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Producer & curator: DFAIT (Dept of Foreign Affairs & Intern'l Trade) and Alliance Francaise partnership for South India tour & audio recording.
- Producer & Director COVER ME GLOBALLY multi-cultural song exchange program for Small World Music Festival 2014; feat. Drew Gonsalves (Kobo Town), Aviva Chernick (Jaffa Road), Donne Roberts (African Guitar Summit).
- Producer & Director Cuba-Canada songwriter showcase, Mexico, 2015.
- Producer / Songwriter EDM re-mix Colour of Blood single & video feat. Tommy Onyx, members of Lemon Bucket Orkestra & Kiran Ahluwalia band
- Producer & Curator: Hope For Healing project for Stephen Lewis Foundation; Panzi Hospital in DRCongo, feat African, Aboriginal, Middle eastern artists.
- Concert producer: Cassius Khan (Ghazal & tabla maestro); Lache Cercel (Romanian violin virtuoso); Soley Vaseghi (Persian Pop icon).
INDUSTRY SPEAKER & CONSULTANT
Canadian Music Week 2015 - panel curator & moderator: Women Entrepreneurs
Folk Music Ontario 2015 - panel curator & moderator: Entrepreneurs of Diversity
Canadian Music Week 2014 - panel curator & moderator: Trailblazer Entrepreneurs
Seneca College Independent Music Production Program Consultant - 2016, 2015
AWARDS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Jack Richardson London Music Awards Hall of Fame 2016
Leonardo da Vinci Award for Creativity and Innovation
Producer of The Year nominee - Fanshawe College of Recording Arts & Technology
Paul Casino Achievement Award - York University